BCCI being the world’s richest cricket board, is no miser in paying out the Indian cricketers. Below are some well split details to educate you on the salaries and match fees.
Every player will be given a central contract and assigned one of the A,B,C grades. Annual salary is paid out to a player once in a year based on his grade irrespective of the format. The details are as follows:
GRADE A: 2 crore
GRADE B: 1 crore
GRADE C: 50 lakh
Match fees is awarded for every single match. Test fees is recently incremented from 7 lakh to a whopping 15 lakh.
TEST: 15 lakh
ODI: 6 lakh
T20i: 3 lakh
Individual player bonuses:
These are also called as performance bonuses.
- 5 lakh for a hundred in a TEST or an ODI
- 7 lakh for a double hundred in a TEST or an ODI
- 5 lakh for a five wicket haul in a TEST or an ODI or a T20i
- 7 lakh for a ten wicket haul in TEST
- 300% increase in the match fees for every individual player who will be a part of the team winning a ODI over world cup or a T20i world cup.
- 100% increase in the match fees for every individual player who will be a part of the team winning a test series against one of the top 3 ranked sides.
- 50% increase in the match fees for every individual player who will be a part of the team winning a test match against one of the top 3 ranked sides.
Guess what will be running in the minds of every Indian parent right now………………well,
they all will now want to see their son playing for the Indian cricket team.
DISCLAIMER: All the above figures are as per the recent updates and are subject to change in the future.